Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nothing Much

Pretty quiet around Monk Manor today. Haven't followed any of the Supreme court hearings except for a bit on the web but it looks as if the GOP are confirming their status as supreme assholes. I would probably being pulling my hair out if I did watch them.

Trying to figure out what to do with vegetables for dinner. I am running out of creative ways to use the harvest as there are only so many ways to use summer squash, green beans and tomatoes. I am seriously thinking of just blowing off dinner altogether and just making a rustic peach tart which Madam and I can split. In addition, the cherry tomatoes have hit their stride and there is now way I can use them all. I had them for breakfast and lunch and with pasta last night for dinner and I still have a mountain of both red and yellow ones. Maybe a tomato cobbler?

Anyhow, I'm off to at least make the peach tart. We'll play the rest of the dinner by ear. Maybe Giada or Ina will inspire me this afternoon.

No comments: