Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hobbit Marathon

I have mentioned the new BluRay disk player I got myself for Christmas. Pretty slick. It is an internet enabled model (Panasonic) and I have it hooked up to the wireless in the house so I have already watched some Netflix movies  via the tubes. It came with a one month free trial. My first impression is that there are really too few movies to select from that are accessible via the internet...I estimate only 1 in 10 movies available from Netflix are available so I am going to have to think about the monthly charge but it is only $8 or so.

Anyhow, I rented the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy on BluRay yesterday so it is going to be a marathon to get them viewed before they have to go back on Saturday. Believe it or not I have never seen any of the movies so I am looking forward to it. I did read the trilogy many years ago. I have, however, had a pint in Tolkien's favorite booth at the Eagle&Child pub in Oxford so that is something I guess.

No comments: