Monday, January 21, 2008

Holiday Monday

Hello Monday morning. Big holiday here in Atlanta the home of Martin Luther King. A good day to contemplate Peace and Love.

How was your weekend? Quiet around around old Monk Manor. Went on some errands Saturday morning before the snow started but otherwise stayed right here and watched it snow. A friend loaned Madam her CD set of Lonesome Dove so that ate Saturday afternoon and early evening. Can't say I loved it but Madam did. When Madam's friend discovered we had never seen it she insisted we do so right away.

Sunday was spent catching up on some way overdue genealogy stuff. A relative had done some research on part of my mother's family and written about a 20 page narrative. Some good stuff that I needed to capture. I don't know if I have ever mentioned it but my mother was part of the Hatfield clan from West Virginia(the ones famous for feuding with the McCoy's of Kentucky) and this research started with my 2nd GGrandfather Andrew Toler married my 2nd GGrandmother Martha Hatfield in 1858. Martha's father Ali was a brother to the infamous "Devil Anse" Hatfield who played a large part in the feud. Yeah, I come from a long line of hillbillies. Anyhow, got all that sorted out and input into the genealogy. Still have a lot of catching up to do as I am still missing a lot of birth dates and marriage dates. Most of my research has been on my paternal line and I have neglected the maternal side a little. Funny coincidence, but Andante of Collective Sigh mentioned this weekend in comments here that her husband was from the McCoy line.

Still pretty cold for Atlanta (24 right now) but it is supposed to get up into the middle forties later. I might even venture out later.

Everyone have a nice holiday.

No comments: