Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Breather

I'm finally at a "catch a breath point" with the garden. Everything of import is planted or transplanted and just some incidental stuff needs to be done. Still lots of mulching and assorted stuff to do but I can finally sit back and pace myself a bit. No longer is every minute of not working time a must be in the garden time. Looks pretty good too, all things considered. I rushed a bit and took some shortcuts and some of the rows aren't as straight and perfect as they should be and I am sure Pop is looking down and shaking his head. I'm sorry but I claim old age and weak morals or whatever. I have two days off to get some stuff done but it will be a less frantic pace. Next week I have been cut to 22 hours so there is even less reason to go at full tilt as there will be lots more time for all the chores.

Still trying to catch up on what's going on in the world. My thoughts are with all the folks along the Big Muddy for their trials this week. More storms and water are not going to improve the situation.

No comments: