Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Newt Poison

I apologized a few posts ago for Georgia inflicting Newt Gingrich on the American people. DennisG has a post up this morning at Balloon Juice about old Newt that is worth a peruse but I want to hightlight one bit. It's a quote from L.H. Carter who, back in the day, was a close confidant and supporter of Newt.

“The important thing you have to understand about Newt Gingrich is that he is amoral,” says Carter. “There isn’t any right or wrong, there isn’t any conservative or liberal. There’s only what will work best for Newt Gingrich.
“He’s probably one of the most dangerous people for the future of this country that you can possibly imagine. He’s Richard Nixon, glib. It doesn’t matter how much good I do the rest of my life, I can’t ever outweigh the evil that I’ve caused by helping him be elected to Congress.”

That's really all you have to remember about Newt but at the rate he is going his campaign will be over in a couple of weeks.

No comments: