Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Winter Vegetables

It's only the middle of August but it is time to be thinking about the winter veges. I got all my greenhouse growing boxes set up with new soil and planted with spinach, wild and not wild arugula and red kale. I'll get the broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts started in the next few days as well.  It's hard to get ready for winter when it is still in the upper 80's out but its time.

Off to work in a few and scheduled for the garden center so it shouldn't be too busy an afternoon and night. Just in case I am taking my Nexus 7 with a book (Language Intelligence) that I got off Amazon today. It is about the lost skill of rhetoric and how you can improve your communication by adopting some of the age old wisdom of proper rhetoric. I've just burned through the first couple of chapters but it looks worthwhile.

No comments: