Friday, June 01, 2007

New Bicycle


I bought a new bicycle yesterday and took my first bicycle ride in years. It was a bit wobbly but fun. Even though I try and get a brisk 3 mile walk in everyday the muscles used in bicycling are evidently quite different. Seems like I am going to have to work up to this. The walking everyday is good exercise but it is starting to wear on my knees a little so I thought I might mix in some cycling. I only cycled about 5 or 6 miles yesterday and with the hills involved I know it today.

After shopping around I settled on what is now called a hybrid bicycle (Giant Cypress DX) which is sort of a cross between a mountain and road bike. It has a front suspension and 24 speeds and has an aluminum frame so it is pretty light but sturdy. It has bigger tires than a road bike but not as big as a mountain bike. Looks like just the answer for getting a little exercise.

As for the skin tight riding pants...I will give you the same answer I gave Madam. Not on your life!

No comments: