Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday Doings



Nothing special on a nice brilliant Saturday. On the way back from the Farmer's Market this morning we stopped at a flea & antique shop along the way and I found an antique cast iron corn stick pan that was in excellent shape, well seasoned and under $10. I now own it as you can see and rushed right home to give it a whirl. My mother used to have one of these but I haven't seen it in years and you see them in antique shops now again but they are always rusty or ruined in some way or priced not to sell. As you can see in the picture above this one turned out a perfect and tasty batch of corn sticks on the first run. I think it might have been used a bit before. I do love these corn sticks as I think they have the perfect ratio of crust to middle and I like the crust best.

I am also soon to be the proud producer of my first tomato. If you look closely you can see the little "Tiny Tim" tomato just turning red. Shame is I will probably be out of town when it is ready next week and Madam will have the honors. That's OK though as there are more on the way.

No comments: