Thursday, April 08, 2010

Respite

A little rain today so gardening outdoors is on hold. I finished all the garden prep. All the rows are done and everything is ready for planting which I would be doing today if the weather permitted. I still have squash, cucumber and other seeds to get started so I will be spending my time in the basement today. Probably a good thing since I have a tendency to go all out and don't know when to stop and catch a breath.

I have been mostly absent from the 'tubes' for the last couple of days but on spinning through the Google reader this morning it doesn't seem like the world has changed much. Caribou Barbie is still making an ass of herself but seemingly thrilling tea baggers wherever she goes. Frightening! Tiger is at Augusta amid new revelations that even his female teen neighbors got a tickle with his putter. Obama just made the world a little bit safer with a new START treaty. Jobless claims are up again this week putting a little dark note on all the  news that "happy days are here again". Pretty much same old same old.

Happy Birthday to the 'M' of MandT. Even though we have never met in person I consider both great friends and 'karmic' buddies.

No comments: