Monday, June 28, 2010

Miracle Whip Redemption

I grew up eating Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise but gave up Miracle Whip when they changed to using HFCS instead of sugar. Madam still uses it so we have it around. I noticed on the jar in the fridge now that sugar is back on the ingredients and HFCS is missing. Good for Kraft Foods. I still like mayo for a lot of things but it is nice to see MW is back as an option.

I mention Miracle Whip because I used it today on the first BLT using fresh from the garden tomato. Think sliced crispy bacon and a thick slice of Cherokee Purple tomato on homemade sourdough with a bit of romaine for crunch and lots of Miracle Whip and freshly ground black pepper. Arguably a BLT is one of the best sandwiches going but it really shines with fresh tomatoes.

No comments: