Friday, June 25, 2010

Potato Day

I've been trying to ignore the fact that the potatoes are ready to be dug. It's hot and muggy and there is 120 feet of potatoes just waiting. I might pretend for a little longer but I actually need the space for my late season pickling cucumbers and they need to go in now. So that is where I will be for the next few hours. Madam is all ready to help. It is a great childhood memory...following Grandad along the rows as he forks the potato plants over and you get to dig out each gem. Big ones small ones and even tiny marble sized ones, it was always great fun. Doing the digging, not so much but the reward of new potatoes and fresh green beans for dinner helps a little. Could have rain by early afternoon so at least I can't stay out there all day...that's something.

No comments: