Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Large Amounts of Bacon and Sausage are Bad For You...Duh!

Well knock me over with a feather!
Eating two rashers of bacon or a sausage every day can increase your risk of heart disease by nearly half, scientists claim. Their study found meat that has been cured, salted or processed in another way can also push up the likelihood of developing diabetes. It linked the salts and chemical preservatives used on processed meat to ill health if the products are eaten regularly.
I'm just dumbfounded to learn that consuming large quantities of fatty meats that are full of sodium and nitrates are bad for me.The good news is I don't eat this crap every day. Maybe once a week for bacon or sausage. Yeah, yeah but I am a Southern boy and too long without pig meat and we die.

No comments: