Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pocket Knife

When I was traveling and flying so much I stopped carrying a pocket knife for obvious reasons. I used to carry one all the time, usually just a small two blade job. Since I am not traveling anymore, and not likely to, I have started carrying one again. The one I carry now is a small version of the classic Swiss Army knife. It has two blades, a flat blade screw driver with bottle opener, a cork screw, an awl, and a can opener. I didn't realize how much I missed having these things in my pocket all the time and I find myself using it several times a day. It is especially nice when I am in the garden and don't have to walk all the way back to the house for a tool. Does anyone else carry one or has the Dept. of Fatherland Insecurity got everyone cowed? I can remember the time when a man wouldn't think of being without at least a pen knife I think my grandmother even used to have a small knife in her purse. MacGyver would be proud.

No comments: