Thursday, May 27, 2010

So Far, So Good

The news from the Gulf is good as far as it goes. The "Top Kill' seems to be going as planned but it is early in the game and we are just going have to wait and see. There is still a lot of oil about and the story and environmental damage is far from over. We'll see the ravages of this disaster for a generation but I'll take whatever good news there is to have.

I've got to go out and get something for aphids...the only thing I am aware of  that will be organic is a pyrethrin solution of some sort. I've tried the organic oils(rosemary, clove, etc.) and they are not very effective and there are just too many aphids on the tomatoes to continue to hand pick them and the lady bugs are falling down on the job. If you didn't know, aphids are born pregnant and go for generations without having to actually get a male and female together...good survival strategy but hell on gardeners. The good news is that I am staying ahead of bean beetles and potato beetles. So I am off to the garden center with murder on my mind.

No comments: