Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Changed the Header

As you may have noticed I have changed the header. Thanks to Mustang Bobby for reminding me of the quote from JFK. I was thinking last night, as I sat in the crowd waiting for the fireworks, that probably 80 per cent of the people around me(we're talking northern burb of Atlanta, SUV, Lexus, Beemer, Benz and Hummer city here)voted for Bush and Cheney and here they were waving their flags loving America.
It pissed me off. I love America too, but they are trying to make me feel guilty of loving the America of John Kennedy. They are blissfully watching their sons and daughters run around with sparklers and I don't think it has dawned on them that their precious children are possibly only a few years away from dying on the sands of Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan. Are they starting to have any buyers remorse yet? Do they ever think about the children in Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan that are or were the same age as little Josh or Heather? Are they concerned at all about the orphans they are creating on a daily basis?
Well, we all know how I feel about all this but I just felt the need to say it with a little more force and to remind myself and any other visitors everyday.

YES! I am a god-damned liberal and don't you forget it. Liberals are who made this country what is was just a short time ago. The most respected and powerful nation on earth that tried to be an example of what hard work, acceptance, strong morales and a respect for life can mean to a people and the world. It can be again if we can just eradicate the culture of hate, lies, selfishness, greed and intolerance that has overwhelmed this country. I'm doing what I can and will try and do more. With any luck next 4th of July I can be even prouder to be an American.

BTW the JFK quote in the header is from his Acceptance of the New York Liberal Party nomination (14 September 1960) via Wikiquote

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where to buy retin a to buy retin-a micro (tretinoin gel) microsphere 0.04 - buy retin a .1 online