Friday, July 08, 2005

Haven't Tried That's All

Even while Mustang Bobby over at Bark Bark Woof Woof hunkers down for Dennis he finds time to point us to Leonard Pitt's column in the Miami fishwrapper. Leonard points out the fact the "fight them over there so we won't have to fight them here" excuse is just another feeble attempt to justify an unjust war.
I was thinking last night about the attacks and it just points out that Al-Qaeda or whoever has just not tried to attack us here otherwise we would have experienced some flavor of what London saw yesterday. I travel around quite a bit and I can't see where things, from a security point of view, are that much different. I used to have to go through the magnetometer before 9/11 and I still had to get everything scanned, take the laptop out, etc. Granted now I have to take off my shoes occasionally but it used to be required in Miami even before 9/11 which is where I had just flown into the morning of 9/11. Unless the powers that be are very subtle in their precautions or I am totally oblivious I can't see where we are that much more secure.
We haven't had an attack here in the U.S. because they haven't tried and not because they have been thwarted by impregnable security.

BTW thanks Bobby for adding me to your blogroll.

UPDATE: I guess even the New York Times wonders why we haven't been hit.
There are, of course, some protections in place. But, said one high-ranking New York law enforcement official, "If you absolutely wanted to, you could do it. My feeling is, it's a matter of time."

No comments: