Sunday, July 03, 2005

Unbelieveable...U.S. Made

I am happy to report, and much to my surprise, that I was able to buy a pair of athletic shoes just now that were made in America. I have been thinking that it was impossible, pretty much, to buy anything like clothes or shoes that were still made in the USA. New Balance 766 Athletic Shoes are and the tag on the shoe says so. As a bonus I got 4 pair of ankle length white socks and those guys are American made as well. Granted most of the other shoes in the New Balance store were Chinese made but these were the ones I was looking for to replace my old NB 765's so I lucked out in finding them.
Kinda neat to find them on the 4th of July too!

I used to sort of make it practice to buy U.S. made stuff when I could find it and I used to go out of my way to see if I could find it. It got so frustrating to not find anything anywhere that I kind of got out of the habit. Looks like I abandoned my fellow American workers too soon. I apologize and will once again make a genuine effort to find American made stuff.

Happy 4th Everybody...

No comments: