Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Elvis Territory


Here I am in Memphis for the night. My colleague managed to get a flight back home late today but Delta wanted to charge me 180 bucks to change my flight from tomorrow morning to tonight and I decided that wasn't worth it. So here I am.
The Memphis International Airport is only 5 or 6 miles from Graceland so after I checked in I took a quick drive down Elvis Presley Blvd and called Madam Monk as I passed. One must pay homage to the King and so acted as proxy for her. The tourists were still being bused in at 5pm and more in waiting. It really is amazing.
Wolf is talking with Bush on CNN right now and feeding him the scripted questions so that Bush can continue his tirade against Iran. It sure sounds like he is committed to do the war thing again. We really have to figure out a way to put the skids on this but a lot of experts are saying it is a done deal after the midterm elections if the GOP manages to maintain it's hold. This should be the question you ask every likely Bush voter. DO YOU WANT ANOTHER WAR? If you don't then vote Democratic.

No comments: