Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dog Sitting

Two of Minimonk's dogs are visiting, Megan and Stuart. The other, Rudy had a run in with a car and needs to rest, so two are at Grandpa's. It doesn't help that the garden is a mud hole and that is where Megan made a beeline. I've cleaned her up twice today. Stu, on the other hand, won't come close enough to let me dry him off. He just runs back out in the yard if he sees me with a towel even though he has just tapped the door to come in. I have to show him I don't have a towel in my hands before he will come in and then he gives me a wide berth. Megan is very good about just waiting to be cleaned up as it involve touching and rubbing which is her reason for living I think. Madam will be home soon and Stuart will probably let her clean him up but Gramps is a no go...even food bribes are a bust.

Rudy leaped out the window of a moving truck and got winged in traffic...scraped up one leg pretty badly. Could have been a lot worse. Anyhow, we have the dogs for a few days and the mud is going to be a challenge. I can usually take them on a long walk and then they sleep but the rain is hampering that energy burning option. Maybe tomorrow it will clear enough.

No comments: