Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Morning

Nothing much here in the Northern Atlanta burbs this morning. Nice day yesterday and we got a little work done in a slowly drying garden. All the peas now have crepe myrtle branches to climb on. Waiting for the thunderstorms predicted for today. All  the plants are outside lined up but the sun is seriously missing going to have to dash and bring them back in if it does start to storm.

Damn chipmunks have been digging in the raised beds again. Dug up about a foot of carrots (they aren't even out of the ground yet) and some beets(same). Dug up two romaine lettuces which have been replanted. If they weren't just so darn cute!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of Passover.  I was reading this morning(on Huffpo I think) about the Seder in the White House. I wasn't aware of it but it sounds like a neat little thing especially considering that the Obamas are not Jewish. Mini Monk has to do something Kosher for her next dinner club so she has asked for help. She has to work part of the day so any cooking would be on her husband. There are a lot of dishes that can be made ahead. I would probably do something like dolmades with avgolemeno but I am not sure how that would go over with the cook. Couscous with dried fruit and nuts is nice and pretty easy but I am still thinking. Kebabs can be made Kosher but she did those for her last dinner club thing. We'll see.

I also was reading this morning about the Brits now installing video cameras in the public toilets in London. Seems strange to me and a little weird but seeing as how London now has the reputation of having the most surveillance cameras of any city in the world I guess they were running out of places to put them. The ones in the pay toilets even have microphones and speakers. I must remember that if I am again in London and have to use the public WC. From what I have read you pretty much can expect to be under surveillance continuously if in London and now you can't even have a moments peace in the john. I'm just wondering how many people are employed in looking at the video...with anywhere from a half to a million cameras running they must be in video overload unless there are thousands monitoring.

Keep your fingers crossed that the rain passes me by as a few more clear days are forecast for next week and I just might get a garden planted.

No comments: