Thursday, March 25, 2010

Georgia GOP Comes Through

I was relieved when I saw that Georgia Attorney General Thurbert Baker (D) was not going to waste the time and money filing a lawsuit against the Health Care Reform Mandate. I was unjustifiably optimistic that, for once, the GOP wouldn't act like spoiled children and follow the other AG's in a frivolous pursuit just to make political points. What was I thinking?
Gov. Sonny Perdue (R-Ga.) is appointing a “special attorney general” to sue the federal government anyway.
The governor said the state constitution gives him the leeway to appoint a special attorney general if the elected attorney general fails to carry out the wishes of the governor… When asked if Baker broke the law by refusing to carry out his instructions to initiate a lawsuit, the governor said,  “I think the (state) Constitution is is clear. I think the people of Georgia can make their own determination about that.”
Note that Mr. Baker just happens to be running for governor. Idiots! Perdue has been a terrible and pretty much do nothing governor but he does kowtow to the GOP obviously.

No comments: