Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Vege Time

The garden is starting to produce. Zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, cukes so far. We also dug the potatoes the other day and got a good little yield considering they started as the left overs from last year that were in the bottom of the basket and starting to sprout.
So tonight's dinner will be roasted zucchini, yellow squash, onion and peppers with a balsamic vinaigrette and I'll probably toss in some green and yellow beans from my friends down the road as my beans haven't come in yet. We'll also have a roasted jacket potato.
Rain for two days has kept the gardening at a minimum...just checking and picking what's come in. I work again tomorrow morning but I have the afternoon off and I'll get something done with the weeds that just love the rain. Tomatoes soon and the corn has tasseled and the ears are starting to fill. Not long. 

No comments: