Sunday, October 02, 2005

It Could Happen

Something very scary just crossed my mind as I have been surveying all the analysis of the Plame case. Jane at Firedoglake has been on this like a pit bull and is where I turn for 411. She has some great sources and is always fun to read. Ditto on HuffPo which is covering this thing in detail. Digby and Billmon have also contributed to the dialogue and all in all there is excellent coverage in lefty bloggerland on this.

One thing I haven't seen is any discussion of is what might happen if (fingers and toes crossed) Libby and Rove plus some others such as Cheney, Rice etc. get whacked and either resign or are( best case) incarcerated. This will leave Georgie without his key handlers. Dwell for a few unpleasant moments on the thought of Dubya without his "brains". I don't know about you but the thought is rather sobering and not a little distressing. Look at the freaking mess with the supposed "heavies" in place and imagine another 3 years with "All Hat"alone at the controls.

While I can't tell you how happy it would make me to see the entire bunch in prison there is considerable dread at the pontial unforeseen downside.

While we are talking about a big sweep in the Whitehouse corps over this try not to think of it going all the way to the top. Does President Hastert make you feel warm and fuzzy?

No comments: