Tuesday, October 18, 2005

They Are Serious?


Atlanta has evidently settled on its new "Brand" and they are evidently dead serious about it. From the AJC this morning..

The logo launch is the first part of a $4.5 million-plus multipronged campaign Atlanta officials are undertaking to brand the city to local residents, who they hope will help in the ultimate goal: to attract more tourists, conventioners and businesses looking to relocate.
Wow, it must be nice to have $4.5 million-plus to spend on branding Atlanta. I guess there are no homeless or hungry people in town. Probably have more cops and firefighters than they really need too. I suppose all the refugees from NOLA that Shirley Franklin was whining about the other day are now all taken care of.

Silly me I thought a safe, clean and panhandler free city would be a much better way to "brand" a city.

Seriously, I can't imagine being a city leader and having the brass to admit I was going to spend that amount of money on something so inane and worthless. How do they sleep at night? Makes me want to scream. It is not even a sexy logo. It ranks up there with that silly mascot they picked for the '96 Olympics and it was so impressive I have forgotten it's name.

No comments: