Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Change of Habit

I got tired of the rut today...come back to the motel, have a drink(when I travel by car I can have my little portable bar) and check the tubes, figure out where to go for dinner, eat some marginal food(or go to Carrabba's and have a salad and soup) and come back and go to bed.
Tonight I stopped by EarthFare on the way back to the hotel and got supplies for a in room party. Organic Roasted Garlic Hummus, some very excellent jalapeno corn chips(from FoodShouldTasteGood), a tiny piece of Maytag Blue cheese and some nice crackers. I already have a bottle of very good Ravenswood Zinfandel (no wimpy wines) so I am set. It's a private little hotel room party! I've already changed into sweats, turned on the food channel and as you can see I'm munching and typing at the same time. Oh! and I also bought a bar of Dagoba chocolate- Xocolatl - dark chocolate with chiles and nibs and a small piece of it is going to go great with that Zin when I crack it. Wish you guys were here to share it.

BTW I am really pissed at the Food Network for putting the Challenge show in the 7pm slot. Not that I was such a big fan of Emeril but I watch the food network for cooking and not to watch some folks try and make impossible wedding cakes and such. I hadn't realized that Lagasse was out but I guess he is since his show isn't there any more. Tonight it is the big Mac and Cheese challenge. Gimme a break!

No comments: