Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm Worried

I know it has been pretty quiet around here on the political front. I am trying to pay attention and keep up with what is going on but the demands of my job and the fact that the client has suddenly realized after 14 weeks that tomorrow is my last day is just overwhelming my time.

The thing is, especially after reading Billmon's post linked in the previous post. There seems to be a real possibility that the Dems are going to screw the pooch one more time and lose this thing to Karl Rove's campaign of personal destruction. Read the post and post your view in the comments. Am I just being a 'fraidy cat'? It just seems to me that we are seeing a repeat of 2004 when the Rovian message of personal destruction turned the electorate away from what were the really important issues and the reality of the world we are living in.

Heading back to Atlanta tomorrow and the end of this gig. Only a few days before Madam and I head to the UK for a big wedding and then a week or so in the wilds of France trying to relax. I just wonder what the dynamic will be when I get back? For the first time in years I am going to be out of touch...no internet no American paper and not even CNN International. It will be interesting. Needless to say the Fallenmonk will be very quiet for the first part of August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription get ativan online - lorazepam to buy online