Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Small World

I had my usual stop in at Carrabab's for a salad and some soup for dinner. I sit at the bar just to save the hassle of getting a table and I usually find someone to talk to as well. This evening I noticed that the gentleman next to me was eating European style and asked him where he was from. Louisiana was the first answer but originally from Turin, Italy. Conversation somehow led to my work with a European car company and he mentioned something about living in Finland and owning a Volvo. I mentioned that I had spent some time in Kuopio, Finland in my previous life when I worked for Measurex. To make a long story short, while we didn't recognize each other, we worked together in Finland installing a system on a paper machine oh so may years ago. What are the odds?

No comments: