Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Milestone Day

Guess who hits the big 60 today? Funny but I don't feel a day over 59!

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I celebrated the big day yesterday with my favorite meal--slow smoked BBQ baby back ribs, potato salad, corn on the cob, and cucumber and onion salad.

I have to go into Atlanta this morning. I got a letter from the Dept. of Labor saying that I wasn't registered to work and had 7 days to report to the office. My access was denied when I tried to do the weekly filing on Sunday. One would think that the initial filing and the reporting weekly would effectively register you to work and you have to ask why they have been paying benefits for 5 months if I wasn't registered....government efficiency I guess. Anyhow, I'll be back later.

Maybe I'll be back in time to see the President indoctrinate all the kids into proper Marxist ideology.

Update: It's also Cookie Jill's name day and she has posted a list of all the famous people we share our birthday with and as a bonus quite a list of big events that happened on September 8th. Cool!

No comments: