Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Things

Finally dried out enough for me to get the lawn mowed and some more garden clean-up done. It is taking me longer to clean up all the tomato vines than it did to plant them...all in the compost now. Still getting a few peppers but otherwise the summer garden is finished. Over the next week I'll get the peas, spinach, arugula, lettuce, beets, radishes and turnips in.

Trying to figure out what to fix for dinner. Somehow mac and cheese keeps popping to the fore. I have the cheese and whole grain macaroni it will now just take the will to move this tired old body to the kitchen. I'll let madam decide. Then again there are sweet potatoes that could be baked. the last couple of nights I have subjected the lady to chicken and avocado burritos and pizza so tonight is her call. I just hope it is not a souffle or something though that would be nice and actually not that much more work than a proper mac&cheese. Both require a white sauce, both need grated cheese and instead of boiling macaroni and have to beat egg whites. I guess it is a toss up.

No comments: