Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Trouble with Biscotti


The trouble with baking biscotti is that after you cut them on the bias in preparation for the second low temperature bake is that you have all these odd ends left over! It is a shame to waste them!

I am packaging them 3 each(they are about 1/2 inch wide and 3 inches long) in little zip lock plastic snack size bags and they are my donation to the bake sale for the "Great Flea Fling" I'm inclined to suggest they go for 75 cents or a buck but I think Madam is looking at 50 cents a bag. What do you think is a fair price....especially since this is a fundraiser for historic preservation? And I dare you to find a better biscotti...lots of walnuts and sweetened cranberries and made with nothing but flour, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Damn fine if I do say so myself.

Updated to add the picture.

No comments: