Monday, July 09, 2007

Live Earth and Rats

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that everyone got a chance to spend some quality time on Saturday watch the Live Earth event. Being the huge techno freak that I am I have a plasma HD TV and HD cable as well so I managed to spend quite a bit of time in front of said TV and basically being a couch potato for the environment for a day. (with Al Gore's permission, of course). It was really an amazing piece of organization. I would think the the Department of Homeland Insecurity would look into hiring the same outfit for the next hurricane relief effort.

Needless to say Saturday was a wasted day for the most part. I did manage to get to the farmer's market in the early morning and get a few yard chores done but otherwise I just "boob-tubed" it.

Sunday was the rush to get up with the chickens and use my one legal watering window to try and save the garden. I felt kind of foolish standing out in the light rain with a garden hose but we weren't getting any serious rain and the plants wouldn't get another chance until the next Sunday. We did probably get a half an inch or so in a couple of brief showers but we are still way behind.

Sunday afternoon was a rare "out for the movies" to see Ratatouille. Cute enough and worth the price but I must admit that the hordes of rats streaming out of the drain into the kitchen and over the counters was a bit much and unsettling though. I can recommend it for some light hearted fun but I wouldn't say it was really a kid's movie. If you are a "foodie" you might get a kick out of it.

As it is plain to see I am not traveling again this week and I might have some thing more substantial to say later in the day but right now I am going out for a walk while it is still only 74 degrees. Later.

No comments: