Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Back From the Polls

Update below:

Well, I voted. The polls were pretty busy for midmorning and there seemed to be a lot of young voters which should be good for Obama. The polls are saying he will take Georgia. I imagine the black vote will be a factor here. I resisted the urge to jump on the Obama personality bandwagon and voted for Hillary. Don't think I didn't think long and hard about it. Yes, John Edwards was on the ballot but I resisted the temptation to make a statement.

Working on a deadline for a work project that I have to present tomorrow so I won't be spending a lot of time here today other than responding to any comments that may appear. I am making good progress so I may get some slack time later.

Madam and I also have an appointment with the attorney today to sign updated wills, POA's and a new Durable Health POA for each of us. I have read it very carefully and I really have to be out of it before Madam can pull the plug so I won't have to keep looking over my shoulder every time I sneeze! Just kidding... it is good thing to have so there won't be any questions on what my wishes are when I am at the point of shedding this veil of tears.

Update: I had one other thought just about the time I hit the publish button and that is...the males have been running things for a long time and we are in a pretty sorry state. It might be sexist or whatever but there is something appealing about giving the ladies a chance. That may sound flippant but I am deadly serious.

No comments: