Monday, February 18, 2008

No More Cable

Spent the last few hours getting the DSL up and running and getting the wireless connected in as well. The tech support people at Bellsouth were really super(once I got past the robot). They walked me through the process of setting up the modem for bridged ethernet and reconfiguring the Linksys for DSL.
After I had everything working I decided to change the master password for the DSL account on the AT&T website and everything went toes up. Again Bellsouth tech support walked me through the pin reset process and changing passwords in the modem and wireless router. Thanks guys. Now back to normal and cooking right along.
I think everything would have been easier on the password change if my default browser was IE and not Firefox. The AT&T site wanted to launch the modem reconfigure after the password change but refused to use Firefox.

No comments: