Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Evening Notes

It's Sunday evening and my state and federal taxes are complete and filed electronically. I get almost 2 grand back from the Shrub and Sonny. Yes, I bit the bullet and did the taxes today. I use TurboTax so it is as easy as I think is possible and they have even made it faster this year. Good product and good company.
Serious weather here in Hotlanta. We are currently under a tornado warning and it has been raining and blowing to beat the band. As my grandfather used to say "it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock". Crude yes...descriptive yes.
Getting used to the new satellite TV thing and I definitely made the right decision. Great picture, good selection and less expensive...what's not to love. Madam has been devouring, in order, How the West was Won, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Sands of Iwo Jima, and currently They Were Expendable.
Me, I'm cooking, and tonight we are traveling the Southern Italian route with a baked Manicotti. Nice tubes of Barilla manicotti stuffed with a blend of ricotta, eggs, Reggiano, and fresh herbs and covered in a simple tomato and basil sauce. A little roquette salad and we have dinner.
We did Mexican last night at a place just up the road. I had the Poblanos Relleno and Madam had fish tacos. Hers were good and mine not bad but I think they just make cheese relleno ahead and then slather them with chicken or beef depending on what is ordered. It makes for too much cheese.
I also purchased a new camera yesterday. I was going to get it as a self Christmas present but I couldn't pay cash for it(not in the budget) so I passed up some good sales. President's Day comes around and I have done a diligent job of putting away some shekels in the wish can.
I am now the proud owner of a Nikon D80 DSLR, 18-55 zoom and a 55-220 VR zoom. If the weather had been better today you might have been subjected to some photos. Lots of camera and lots to learn but it is going to be fun.
Manicotti is signaling done with both aroma and the pesky time. Later.

No comments: