Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Speaking of Under the Weather

A bad tummy woke me this morning...I don't think it is swine flu...but feeling a little under the weather. Regardless, I have to get some beds prepared in the garden this morning and will just have to do it. Rain is expected later in the week and I cannot let this dry spell pass and not get everything ready. Even with all the work I have put in on the soil this Georgia clay soil is murder when it is wet. When worked wet it forms little clods, which when they dry in the sun, are no different than little bricks. It takes forever for them to break down again and with a lot of them in the soil its like trying to garden in gravel. Not good. You really have to be patient and not till or dig when the ground is too wet or you suffer for months or longer.

No comments: