Thursday, August 31, 2006

Last Day in China

Well, it has been challenging and very tiring. It has actually exceeded my expectations on the business side and I think the client got their money's worth from my time. I hope so. I was expecting communications problems and indeed that was the major obstacle along with the fact the users here in Asia are not as committed to the product as they should be. Still need training and encouragement to move to the next level.

On the personal front...yes I am exhausted and now have a pretty severe Asian cold which is not helping at all. I did find a drug store nearby and scored some Chinese Tylenol Cold tablets which have dried me up some so I am not constantly sniffing. Looking forward to being home though not to the 24 hours of travel that starts tomorrow morning. Leave here at 830a Beijing time (830p Atlanta) and don't expect to be back in Atlanta until 9pm Saturday. Ugh!

The hotel experience has far exceeded all expectations and I can heartily recommend the China World Hotel (a Shangri-La property). Service has been excellent and the place is superbly comfortable. I am staying in the premium Horizon Club which brings as little extra but everything about the hotel is designed to make the guests comfortable. I am spoiled a bit.

Off for the next to last hike to the meeting hotel and the challenge of Beijing traffic. If anyone ever takes away their auto horns this town is coming to a screeching stop.

Maybe chat later. Everyone have a great evening.

No comments: