Sunday, October 21, 2007

Road Kill

Did someone get the number of the truck that hit me today? Still charged up about locally grown or even better self grown food I bought 4 blueberry bushes yesterday. Today was planting day. For those of you not familiar with Georgia red clay and the fact that we are some 25 inches below normal for rainfall this year digging four large holes in said red clay is a whole day job.

I knew the clay would be tough with the lack of rainfall and all but I just had to dig four 3 or 4 gallon holes. It took me hours or in other words, I spent pretty much all day digging four holes and planting 4 blueberry bushes. I hope they are happy. I added a bunch of peat moss to each hole so they have a nice bed...now we just have to manage to keep them watered. Currently you can water home gardens and I am assuming that extends to home fruit trees. We'll know if my assumptions are valid when you get a call from the "big house".

To get back to the point...I am sore all over. I had to resort to the old fashioned post hole digger for most the work and that does a number on the back and shoulders. I took two extra strength Advil and the better portion of a bottle of a very nice Shiraz and I am beginning to numb.
Off to Peachtree City again tomorrow morning at o'dark thirty so I will probably not check in here until tomorrow evening unless I get a break during the client meetings tomorrow. I am just mentoring on this gig so I do get some periods where I am not needed. We'll see.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and everyone have a great Monday morning.

No comments: