Thursday, October 18, 2007

Some Guts and Principle

I am gaining a whole lot of respect for Senator Chris Dodd. He seems to be the only one willing to stand up to the current do nothing scenario (I mean kiss George Bush's ass) and do something constructive to prevent a further erosion of our civil rights.

http://action.chrisdodd.com/...

The Military Commissions Act. Warrantless wiretapping. Shredding of Habeas Corpus. Torture. Extraordinary Rendition. Secret Prisons.

No more.

I have decided to place a "hold" on the latest FISA bill that would have included amnesty for telecommunications companies that enabled the President's assault on the Constitution by illegaly[sic]providing personal information on their customers without judicial authorization.

I said that I would do everything I could to stop this bill from passing, and I have.

It's about delivering results -- and as I've said before, the FIRST thing I will do after being sworn into office is restore the Constitution. But we shouldn't have to wait until then to prevent the further erosion of our country's most treasured document. That's why I am stopping this bill today.

Click on the link above to thank Senator Dodd for responding to your call.

No comments: