Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ditched

OK, there is now a one foot deep and 18 inch wide ditch along the whole Northern boundary of the garden. All of the runoff comes from that direction and I am pretty sure this will divert it around the garden and into the empty lot next door. Digging a 75 foot ditch in wet dirt is mighty hard work but it is the only way I am going to get the garden to survive the downpours we have been getting. The forecast is for more supercell thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow so it won't be long before I have a full test of my handiwork. Did I say ditch digging is hard work? I am, as the Brits say, "cream crackered". Back for a day shift tomorrow and off again Thursday but working Friday, Saturday and Sunday and yes I have to open the store Saturday and Sunday. For Saturday that means being there at 545a for the 6am opening but I get a break on Sunday since we don't open until 8am. Anyhow, ditch accomplished, so the rest of the afternoon is sitting in front of this computer trying to get caught up...Google reader just says 1000+ unread messages and has for awhile...Goddess only knows how many there really are.

No comments: