Friday, April 01, 2011

No Time

I had two days off. Yesterday was rain and I had to do the taxes. Today was nice but chilly and I managed to get a little gardening done but not nearly enough since everything is so wet from the days and days of rain. The garden is going to be late this year. Damn tomato plants have gone crazy in the greenhouse and have shot up to a foot and a half over these cloudy days...going to have to dig a two foot hole to plant them in. Didn't get the second planting of peas in but I did get the leeks in the ground. I have two days off next week and the weather is looking positive...lets hope I have enough spit to get all the work done.

At least I am getting a tax refund....since I was unemployed most of last year I paid estimated taxes since I expected to have to take some distributions from my  IRA. Thank goodness the little bit I had in a Roth got me by and I overpaid. I owe the state a bit but the Feds owe me a couple of grand and that's a good thing.

It's going to be insane at work tomorrow....it's the "Black Friday" weekend and there are some really good deals to be had. Lots of stuff half price especially in the garden center. I'm going to work my butt off tomorrow.

No comments: