Thursday, July 13, 2006

Catching Up with the Day

Home again after driving a good bit of the day and trying to catch up on the events of the day.

The stock market is not looking too kindly on the oil prices and Israel's hyper response to the kidnappings taking a 167 point dive.

Comedian Red Buttons is dead at 87. Cool guy and he gave us some good laughs. Thanks Red.

Looks like Little Georgie is embarrassing us again overseas.

From the little bit I have been able to gather it seems to me that Israel is going way overboard in their response to this kidnapping. Bombing the airport into uselessness is going to be a tragic blow to the Labanese economy as it was kind of a symbol of the rebirth of the country. The U.S. and every other country should be condeming Israel for this out of proportion response but all Bush did today was blame Hezbollah and said Israel had a right to "defend itself". I sure wish I new what the Israeli Secret Police have on Bush and company...

Oh, and it looks like our Canadian friends have another confirmed case of "Mad Cow" on their hands. Not good news.

I catch up a bit more and check in later. Right now I have to find out if Madam left anything for me to rustle up for dinner. She only left yesterday afternoon for the U.K. but she likes things pretty minimal when she leaves. I haven't eaten since breakfast and that was melon and coffee so I am getting hungry. Not to mention that the cocktail I have just consumed hit bottom with a jolt.

No comments: