Saturday, July 08, 2006

Free Saturday

Ok back in Atlanta for Saturday at least. Have to drive back to Greensboro again tomorrow for another 3 and half days. Takes about 5 hours depending on the traffic in Atlanta and Charlotte which can add an hour plus. All caught up on the banking and chores. Car is all gassed up at $2.949/gallon...ouch. Expenses and time card are all complete and filed so I now have some time to play around on the Internet and maybe blog.

There are so many blogs I enjoy that I am really frustrated when I can't get to them all. Not only do I enjoy them but when I have something to add I enjoy the interaction. I need to consider cutting back the sleep I guess and it wouldn't hurt me to miss a meal here or there.

What I really need is direct feed. You know an embedded chip or two, dual processors for redundancy and a 20 - 30 gig of novram for caching when I am out of wireless range. Power from direct conversion of stored glucose and fat. The more you surf the more you can eat or the more weight you lose. I have read some pretty good scifi with this theme and it is interesting to consider the posibilities. Instant access to any bit of information you need from anywhere. Instant communications without clumsy hardware. Download music, movies or even a complete vacation without leaving the comfort of home. Want to get to know someone better? Nothing like a direct connection if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, something to think about. It could be pretty slick until the NSA got involved.

No comments: