Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just Waiting

This whole health care mess is getting out of hand and confusing. I can't keep up so I am just going to wait and see what actually happens before I get crazy. Regardless of what abortion comes out of the Senate we still have to reconcile with the House bill and who knows what mess will come out of that. My gut tells me that we are not likely to see any meaningful change and the insurance companies and Big Pharma are going to win this fight.

Same goes for climate change. The latest polls show that the majority of Americans no longer feel the science is 'good enough' which means the disinformation campaign by the mouth breathers is having its intended effect. I will continue to do what I can to change the tide but I am feeling less and less encouraged by what I am seeing. It's all rather depressing and everyday I feel like 'the stupid' is winning.

I had such high hopes for this country/world at one time and now it seems rather hopeless. Don't get me wrong...I'll keep doing my part and where I can, effect change, but it tilting at windmills seems the order of the day.

So as is my wont I am going to turn to my normal distraction and go cook. I am going to go bake some bread and get my red beans going for Cajun red beans and rice. Yeah I know it is not Monday but for some reason it just feels like what I need. If anyone is interested I will share my method for this great Cajun dish. It is not vegan since it requires a liittle bacon and andouille to be authentic. You can, of course, leave out the meat and just have red beans and rice which is very good as well, but just not Cajun.

No comments: