Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's A Sickness

Here I am about ready to start in on my Thanksgiving cooking. It's just Madam and I this year as our planned guests had to cancel. The daughter is working as she always volunteers to work on such holidays so the firefighters with children can be off. I am still going to cook though. I can't help myself.
I did manage to hold myself back and only bought a small turkey breast this year and even that is still going to produce a week or more of leftovers. You just can't pass this holiday by without turkey and dressing, cranberries, sweet potatoes, squash casserole, hot rolls, gravy, green beans and. of course pumpkin pie. I am fortunate in that I have an extra fridge in the basement so I will be able to store all of the leftovers. I have to hit the road again on Monday so Mrs. Fallenmonk will have plenty to eat while I am away.

I hope everyone has what they want this Thanksgiving.

No comments: