Friday, November 18, 2005

President of the World - Good Idea

Esquire magazine has chosen the Big Dog as "The Most Influential Man in the World". I hope the little bastard wandering around the far east reads this, though I know he doesn't read. Maybe someone will leave a copy in the john and he'll just accidently pick it up. I can just see him running to Condi or Karen and telling them to do something about it.

Since leaving office, Clinton has been so active that his post-presidency amounts to "a third term" for the Democrat who held the White House from 1992 to 2000, the magazine said. He has tackled global issues from AIDS, poverty and global warming to the recovery from last December's Indian Ocean tsunami.

Esquire editor David Granger argued that Clinton was poised to become "something like a president of the world or at least a president of the world's non-governmental organizations."

In spite of some less than progressive things I still consider Bill Clinton the greatest President of my lifetime. It still angers me to think of the wasted opportunities that resulted from Bill having to spend so much time fending off the whacko right. Seeing the contrast between Dubya and Clinton just makes me more convinced of that.

Thanks to Charles2 at The Fulcrum for the heads up.

No comments: