Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Hard Day

Another hard day in the yard cleaning up from out little storm. Another giant pile of stuff on the curb waiting for the city guys to pick up. Would have been a much larger pile but I decided to get out the chipper/shredder and crank it up. It makes an awful racket but grinds up limbs and small branchs quickly and leave a nice pile of mulch to boot. Grinding the limbs in the back forty saves carting them to the street. So things are looking pretty good. Still have to get the muscadine off part of the fence and clear a few more small trees. Noted several more big pines that are dead or dying so I think I have about 10 or so now to be removed. That will be a 3-4000 dollar job when I think I can afford it. Hopefully Mother Nature will see fit to leave them standing until I can get them cut. Only three could hit the house but they are large and would do a lot of damage.

Getting the final stuff done so I can leave town for a week with a reasonably clear conscience. Didn't get all the "honey-do's done but made a good dent in them. Off to Sweden for meetings next week and won't get back until Saturday PM. If this experience is anything like last I will be very lucky to find Internet access next week so the old blog will be pretty quiet in that case. Maybe a plug or two from the Blackberry but otherwise zilch. Who knows they may have added wi-fi or something to the hotel by now. It is becoming more common in Europe. The weather forecast is for rain the entire week. Bummer.

No comments: