Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Decidin' Done

Your leader speaks this morning:
I say, I listen to all voices, but mine is the final decision. And Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job. He's not only transforming the military, he's fighting a war on terror. He's helping us fight a war on terror. I have strong confidence in Don Rumsfeld. I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense.
One does not, obviously, argue with "The Decider". If "The Decider" thinks everything is just hunky dory in Iraq then by Goddess it is and no one but Don Rumsfeld got have done what we have done in Iraq.

There used to be a cartoon character that used the phrase "I'll do the thinin' around here." I can't remember right now which but Dubya's remarks don't fall far from that tree. We all know what hard work "decidin' is and when it is done right there is no question it is decided. Whatever. What a maroon!

No comments: