Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tornado Mess

I didn't mention it here but a few tornados whipped through the neighborhood while I was away. Luckily, nothing hit the house but evidently one touched down for a moment in the back 40. My back neighbor lost about a dozen large pines the majority of which managed to land on my chainlink fence.

I have spent the day removing debris from the fence and my neighbor had a crew come in and remove the trees. Already have an estimate for repair and have contacted the insurance folks so I just have to give the go ahead. I consider myself quite lucky as the folks just north of here got whacked pretty good and several businesses and homes are pretty well trashed. I didn't lose any trees just the fence, and a couple of thousand will get it right pretty quick.

Not used to such physical labor and I am really feeling it this evening. The hardest is lifting the 14-16 inch diameter chunks of wood and piling it. Jeebus I'm wrecked. Anyhow, with blogger refusing to let me log in and all the yard work I have been rather silent today.

I will try and catch up later. Right now I have to check on my chicken which is roasting in the oven and decide if I will have another martini. Another one might send me down for the count before I even get le poulet out of the oven so I probably won't. Mrs. Fallen is out for the afternoon at a bridal shower( my step grand daughter) so I am just chilling tonight. If I don't have another martini I may even get some serious posting done. Cheers.

No comments: