• Put new rules in place to break the link between lobbyists and legislation.Frightening isn't it. Congress making good on it's charter with America and actually addressing some of the problems that are strangling our country.
• Enact all the recommendations made by the 9/11 commission.
• Raise the federal minimum wage to $7.25 an hour.
• Cut the interest rate on federally supported student loans in half.
• Allow the government to negotiate directly with pharmaceutical companies for lower drug prices for Medicare patients.
• Broaden the types of stem cell research allowed with federal funds.
• Impose pay-as-you-go budget rules, requiring that new entitlement spending or tax cuts be offset with entitlement spending cuts or tax hikes.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Things To Do
Have you wondered why we are not getting any substantive discussion of real issues in this election? Have you wondered why we are seeing nothing from the GOP but desperate personal attacks? Do you even know that the Democrats have an agenda which is being ignored by the GOP? The GOP is incapable of pointing to their recent history of control with anything remotely similar to pride and are likewise incapable of answering the Democratic agenda with something of their own. That is why you are not seeing any "agenda" discussions" or meaningful ads dealing with the real issues facing America. Everything on the Democratic agenda is something the GOP has fought against since they took control of our government and they now face the real possibility of having it pushed down their throats with a new Democratically controlled Congress. The Democratic agenda makes the GOP crazy but if the polls are anywhere near accurate they are going to see a new Democratic Congress: