If I have it straight...
- The Whitehouse purposely leaked a secret memo calling al-Maliki an ineffective leader.
- Bush is supposed to meet with al-Maliki today to consult about solving the "not civil war" in Iraq but someone scrubbed the meeting and it is now supposed to be tomorrow.
- Al-Sadr jerked his troops out of the Iraqi Parliament just as he promised if al-Maliki met with Bush even though he hasn't yet.
- al-Maliki cancels his dinner date with Bush for tonight.
- Oh, and Colin Powell says it's a civil war.
- Iran is saying they will step in to prevent the Shia from being abused in Iraq.
- Saudi Arabia is saying the same for the Sunni.
Looks like the Iraq debacle is spreading into a regional conflict and that is why Cheney was summoned so that he could be given the bad news and read the riot act.
There is even a chance that the meeting between Bush and al-Maliki won't happen at all.
This ought to be real interesting.